Document Management is the use of computers, hardware and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper based information captured through the use of a document scanner. Document Management incorporates additional concepts like workflow, document repositories, output systems and information retrieval systems as well as processes to track, store and control documents.
Some of the key features in document management include:
- check-in/check-out of documents, and coordinating editing of a document by two or more users simultaneously so one person’s edits don’t overwrite another’s;
- version control which allows for the tracking of the evolution of a document to its current state;
- rolling back a document to previous version in case of an error or premature release;
- audit trails to track who did what to a document during the course of its life.
Back-File Scanning Services
Back-file scanning refers to the process of the bulk conversion of existing paper documents into a digital format. An organization that has accumulated high volumes of records and needs easy search and access to these documents on a regular basis selects this as an initial first step in digitally transforming their workflow. Digital conversion of documents also allows access from various locations, which can be beneficial for organizations and companies with multiple locations and employees accessing the same documents.
Back-file scanning has a multitude of benefits:
- increase employee efficiency and productivity by reducing the time to locate required documents
- retrieve and file documents
- creates one central location and online access for multiple locations
- eliminates the risk of files being misplaced or lost within an office.
We have a thorough preparation process that documents to be archived undertake before scanning. Documents that are fragile are first assessed and repaired prior to processing, and then scanned using appropriate measures.
Once documents have been scanned we provide a digital format optimized for upload to the client’s preferred secure online system or one provided by us, and subsequent retrieval. The physical documents can be stored in our secure storage facility, and once the retention period has been attained, we can securely return the documents to the client’s premises.
Day-forward scanning refers to the process of digitizing newly created documents on a regular basis. Our team will work with your organization to streamline your document flow. Employees will be introduced to a new workflow protocol that fits with your organization to maintain efficiency and document control.
We offer many solutions for organizations that include off-site forward scanning solutions where our team will pick up documents, scan them and upload your documents to your secure storage platform. We can also provide hardware, software, and training for integration with your existing processes.